Wednesday, January 12, 2011

London and Life


As much as I would like to, I am not going to Italy or Paris anytime soon.

Neither am I going to London. But the title of this post is because my sister Maria gave me a poster (left) at Christmas, which will be framed and beautifying my next house or apartment. Isn't it cute? And it reminds me of the world that is out there, the life that is before me and the dreams that I have been keeping on little leashes.

Is it really only 4 months and a bit until I am done with school?!? How much I have to finish, to prepare for, to look forward to, and to discover. Life is going to be staring me in the face so very soon, a life that is largely unshaped, that won't be defined by classes and deadlines and professors and classmates.

I am unsure, but excited. I grew weary of school the last term or so, yet I know I will miss it. The future looks uncertain but new, and the year is young and full of promise and hope. It shall be a year of gratitude for the graces poured upon me, gratitude as I look back and as I turn forward.

"See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not be drunk with wine, which is dissipation, but we filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Ephesians 5:15-20)

3 comments:

  1. Maria has good tastes when it comes to posters. :) And now we have matching ones. Miss you, BJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I didn't know/remember you had one of these! But yeah, Maria did a good job Christmas shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you! http://theerraticmuse.blogspot.com/2011/01/five-for-five.html

    ReplyDelete