Wednesday, June 19, 2013

When your little sister gets engaged

My buddy Ria.

I think she's been my best friend since we were about 4 and 8. As you can see from the photos, we've gotten better about our hair, gone from ice cream cones to the more mature treat of coffee, and have both acquired sparklies. We've kind of grown up. (Also, I just noticed our expressions are almost the same, 20-some years later, in the two pictures. What.)

And now I get to see her marry her wonderful man, just 2 months after I get married. I'm honored to get to stand up there with her, and feel strangely old and young, and so happy I have already cried a few times about this. Congrats to Ria and Jon.




Maria and Jon

1 comment:

  1. Rejoicing with all of you in God's amazing kindness, and perfect timing. Thanks be to Him!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete